October in Tuscany and Umbria
From just before the Autumnal Equinox until Halloween, there are plenty of opportunities to enjoy the change of season with food, culture, shopping and more out among the changing foliage.
Our swimming pools are still open, but we love to start to go back to the thermal springs of Tuscany!
Here are some of the main events:
- October 1st, 2nd and 16th – lunch at the vineyard with Azienda Podere Casanova at 1.00 pm. Cost 89 euro. To book: firstname.lastname@example.org
- October 2nd and 3dt at Gaioli in Chianti, the Eroica bike ride. https://eroica.cc/it
- October 2 to 10 at Sinalunga, enjoy the Fair alla Pieve 2021. https://www.fieraallapieve.com/
- October 5th and 6th: Antique fair of Arezzo.
- October 9th and 10th Truffle and potato festival of Pietralunga, Perugia.
- October 9th to 17th the Disfida of San Fortunato in Todi. Medieval market and celebration.
- October 10th: The peace walk of Assisi. Start at 9.00 AM, Giardini del Frontone, Perugia. Arrival at 3.00 Pm at Assisi, Rocca Maggiore.
- October 10th – A walk with Grandpa: Lake of Chiusi walking tour. Starting at Il pesce D’Oro restaurant (Localita’ sbarchino 5, Chiusi Lake) at 9.00 AM
- October 12th to 17th Chestnuts festival of Piegaro, Perugia
- October 22th to 24th CITTA’ DELLA PIEVE SAFFRON FESTIVAL http://www.cittadellapieve.org/
- October 22 and 23 – Lucignano, Arezzo – food fair of Chestnuts and mushrooms – Rione Porta – Sunday lunch at 18 euro including wines and polenta, pasta, meat, and mushrooms! – There is also a kids area!
October il Fontanaro Olive day! From the morning olive, wine and music! Info at email@example.com
- October 26th and 27th in Montalcino the yearly Sagra del Tordo. Montalcino wander around all weekend in medieval costume throwing archery tournaments and parades, mainly for an excuse to roast hundreds of tiny thrushes, whose passing they toast with plenty of Brunello wine.
- October 27th in Bagno Vognoni – chestnuts fair
- October 29th to November 2nd. GUBBIO AND THE TRUFFLE FESTIVAL. The world’s most expensive form of edible fungus, highly prized by food connoisseurs, is the centerpiece of Gubbio’s annual agricultural fair More info at: Servizio Turistico Associato – I.A.T. Gubbio tel. +39 075 9220693