How to survive Tuscany being vegan?
Here are some local tips to be vegan in Tuscany.
- We love the restaurant, bar and market, La raccolta in Florence, you can enjoy home made pizza and bread.
Also good for its vegetarian and regular options.
- Have a cooking class with slow food cooking school in Paciano or at your villa, on request they are happy to accomodate vegan options.
- Green go is a sustainable shop in Florence, with nice vegan options, it is a restaurant, bar and shop.
- L’Ov, restaurant, is a vegetarian restaurant in Firenze with good vegan options.
- Also a great address is Giumella, sano, vegano Toscano, for vegan gastronomy, also take away.
- If you are lost, regular Tuscan restaurants serves Fagioli all’uccelletto, local beans usually made vegan style or in Umbria the pizza onion and sage is a great option.
- Also ask for Torta al testo filled with vegetables at Maria la pizza più buona che ci sia, or better Da Faliero, along lake Trasimeno.
- In September, but also all around the year, a must is to have Pici all’aglione (double check that pici are not done with an egg), otherwise you can ask for simple pasta all’aglione that is a spicy tomatoes sauce made with a special garlic of Val di Chiana, Tuscany and Umbria.